For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License

Ian Lance Taylor ian at airs.com
Thu Sep 25 23:00:23 UTC 2003

Mike Wattier <geek at devcompany.com> writes:

> Well..there are those within the "community" to which the GPL is a hindrance,
> plain and simple.

Sure, I know that.  (I've been in the open source business for 13
years now; I really do know something about it.  And I do mean
business literally, as it's how I earn my living.)

I think the question at hand is whether the OSSAL helps those people,
or indeed any people, in any meaningful way.  In your message you said
that it did, but you didn't explain how.  I want to understand how.

Ian