mysql

Marius Amado Alves amado.alves at netcabo.pt
Sat Nov 22 14:01:47 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 23:54, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> Actually, what limits your hability to distribute your application
> is not MySQL AB, but the GPL itself.

Indeed. It's the 'viral' nature of GPL that makes dual licencing
economically feasible. See my essay "Open Source Business Found
Parasitic" archived in this list and in www.SoftDevelCoop.org.

(I just now realised that my recent postings we're not getting into the
list because I changed email address and I forgot to resubscribe and the
list server is silent about failed postings. Just for the record my
failed postings we're mainly replies to people looking for a "commercial
open source" licence, pointing them to SDC.)