METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER STUDIOS v. GROKSTER

Rod Dixon rodd at cyberspaces.org
Thu May 1 21:11:23 UTC 2003

Precisely! That's one very good reason why the court's distinction is
troubling; the court opines that access to source code means the
distributor/licensee CAN eliminate infringing uses of the p2p software.
This view is not only wrong, but it has adverse implications for open
source, but not proprietary, closed, locked up, software
distributors/licensees.
Rod