Please add "Public Domain" to "license" list

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Mar 14 23:46:00 UTC 2003

The Creative Commons document entitled "Public Domain Dedication" is not
a license.  That document is a "copyright-only dedication."  It is up to
copyright holders whether to use it, but it is not something that gets
approved by OSI.  We only review open source licenses.

For computer software that may be used by people to perform real-world
functions, please consider using a regular open source license that
contains a disclaimer of warranty.  The Public Domain Dedication does
not deal with such issues because it is not a license.  Consult your
attorney before dedicating software in this way.

/Larry Rosen