Compatibility of the AFL with the GPL

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Mar 13 04:32:25 UTC 2003

Andy Tai scripsit:

> For anyone who writes AFL code, if he wishes to allow
> use in GPL programs, he can dual license under the GPL
> and the AFL.  Intent explicitly expressed. Problem
> solved.

That's what I'm doing with TagSoup, the SAX-compatible Java parser for
nasty, ugly HTML at http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/tagsoup .

But it kind of defeats the purpose of the poison pill to allow people to
escape it by licensing under the GPL.

> Who is creating islands here?

The old order changeth, yielding place to new,
And God fulfills himself in many ways,
Lest one good custom [the GPL v2] should corrupt the world.
	--Tennyson, "The Passing of Arthur"

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan at ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There