Antiwar License

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rdixon at cyberspaces.org
Tue Mar 4 07:09:04 UTC 2003

If we think of OSD 5 as intending to prevent the restriction of choices or
prevent the proliferation of licenses that lock out certain groups from
participating in open source projects, doing so might decrease the
likelihood  that we will over-read the OSD, and apply it in a manner that
seems ill-suited to open source. Hence, I doubt that military techs are
going to be allowed to contribute to "live" open source projects...perhaps,
necessarily so. In that light, however, one should be able to restrict (but
not prohibit) certain uses  of software in devices used to [?] as part of an
open source software dual licensing approach to government uses.

Rod