Antiwar License

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Mon Mar 3 08:45:51 UTC 2003

On Monday 03 March 2003 12:10 am, Nathan Kelley wrote:

> A license such as this would go against the latter turnaround in
> perception, and help to reinforce the former stereotypes: "Excellent
> developers, but do we need to listen another student protest?"

Let me add my "amen" to that. Software distribution (with one exception)
is not a place to forward a social agenda. The one exception is for
social agendas that directly relate to software distribution. I may not
always agree with the screed attached to the GPL, but I can't argue
with its applicability to the subject at hand.

Military related activities are completely unrelated to the domain of
software distribution. Keep them separate.

--
David Johnson