Updated license - please comment

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rdixon at cyberspaces.org
Sat Jun 21 00:53:09 UTC 2003

It has come to my attention off-list that I may need to clarify my comment
on the proposed RSPL.

 I made 3 observations; namely, that since  [1] section 2a of the proposed
license is identical to section 2a of the GNU LGPL; [2] the proposed license
has a similar purpose as the GNU LGPL (according the license poster); and
[3] the GNU LGPL is an approved OSI License; that it is my judgment that
there is no OSD-related problem with sections 2a or 2d of the RSPL, which I,
like Mark, had initially questioned. I am still unsure why the GNU LGPL does
not serve the poster's purpose...particularly since the original section 2d
of the RSPL has been removed from the proposed license.

Rod
rod at cyberspaces.org