Updated license - please comment

Chris F Clark cfc at TheWorld.com
Thu Jun 19 21:40:26 UTC 2003

> Only if their fork is still a software library.  Nobody can fork it to
> become an application.

I'm not sure how your problem is actually a restriction.  Suppose, I
as a developer wish to distriibute at application the uses the library
in question.  To distribute my application, I simply distribute my
code and the code for the library--thus, the library is still a
library.  Now, any user can take the two parts (of the binary nerve
gas, which themselves are perfectly harmless, excuse me but the
metaphor seems just too apt), merge them together and viola (sp?) a
useful application (totally toxic).

Hope this helps,
-Chris

Chris Clark                    Internet   :  compres at world.std.com
Compiler Resources, Inc.       Web Site   :  http://world.std.com/~compres
19 Bronte Way #33M             voice      :  (508) 435-5016
Marlboro, MA  01752  USA       fax        :  (508) 251-2347  (24 hours)