license idea

Giacomo A. Catenazzi cate at pixelized.ch
Wed Jul 16 07:59:21 UTC 2003

Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:

>> 2)  For-profit organizations may re-distribute the software, however if
>> they charge more than a reasonable "distribution" fee, they must pay
>> royalties to the project.
>

> free as in speech? Not only individual are free to speech. Why you
> discriminate
> organizations?
> Surely not free (5: No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups)

oops. wrong paragraph: 6 not 5

"""
6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor

The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the program in a
specific field of endeavor. For example, it may not restrict the program from
being used in a business, or from being used for genetic research.

     Rationale: The major intention of this clause is to prohibit license traps
that prevent open source from being used commercially. We want commercial users
to join our community, not feel excluded from it.
"""

ciao
	giacomo