Fwd: Apple GCC source code license (APSL)

James Michael DuPont mdupont777 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 06:17:41 UTC 2003

I have a question about the APSL :
http://www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/

The modifications to the gcc source are only available to you if you
agree to this "click-through" license.

The license seems similar to the GPL, but does not mention it in the
license. The source code of the gcc in the apple repository is under
GPL, but I don't know if what is stronger binding, the click through
APSL license, or the copyright based GPL license.

So, that means that the gcc changes are no longer under the gpl, but
under the APSL?

I have downloaded the cvs of the gcc from apple, can I create and
distribute it under the GPL? or only under the APSL?

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/