OSD Model Code -- Article 1 (Free Distribution)

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rdixon at cyberspaces.org
Mon Jan 20 18:35:34 UTC 2003

Mark's point re-introduces the copyright misuse issue since he is correct
that there is a grey area concerning the validity of  license restrictions
on copyrightable collective works are concerned. Larry's proposal avoids
this problem as long as it is agreeable that the OSD should not have
anything to say about aggregate distributions.  I suspect that the number of
instances in which this issue could arise are minimal; hence, leaving out
references to "aggregate software" makes sense.

Rod