"Derivative Work" for Software Defined

PETERSON,SCOTT K (HP-USA,ex1) scott.k.peterson at hp.com
Wed Jan 15 15:23:13 UTC 2003

Andre --
The only point that I really want to make in these messages is the
following:
I observe interpretations of the GPL have been offered that appear to me to
be inconsistent with the language of the GPL. I'm trying to understand how I
might be misreading that apparently inconsistent language in the GPL. As in
an earlier message, "I want to become a believer ...". But, I can't embrace
an interpretation of the GPL that I can't reconcile with the language of the
GPL.
For more detail, see the message to David Johnson that I sent a few minutes
ago.
-- Scott
Scott K. Peterson
Corporate Counsel