"Derivative Work" for Software Defined

andre at linux-ide.org andre at linux-ide.org
Sun Jan 5 10:04:42 UTC 2003

One of the questions about "Derivative Work" as it relates to binary
only loadable objects, is the creation of a boundary layer of execution.
Specifically, the design and publishing an API which properly glues into
an open source gpl program or kernel(ie loadable modules services) designed
to provide an execution layer between the GPL and Commerial private code.
Where as no GPL code in any form is allowed to touch the Commerial code.
The converse is true, obviously.  The execution layer or boundary.
Now using this reference from 1995, many companies have gotten legal
positions about binary modules.

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=4b0rbb%245iu%40klaava.helsinki.fi

Now there is: