For Approval: CUA Office Public License

Danese Cooper Danese.Cooper at Sun.COM
Sun Dec 21 16:59:34 UTC 2003

Patranum,

My point was that if you are using any of the existing open source
office productivity projects' code as a starting point (a likely
strategy, given the several high quality codebases available and the
amount of work to start one from scratch), then you may not have the
right to license the resulting work under an MPL license.  If your
project is 100% original code, then there can be no problem.  So more
specifically my question is, "Is your project 100% original code, or are
you intending to relicense someone's previous work?".

Danese Cooper