Validity of the OSL version 2.0 license in Europe

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Aug 8 03:03:39 UTC 2003

To: European attorneys on this list

Several questions have been raised on other lists about the validity of
certain OSI-approved open source licenses in Europe.

To focus the problem, we really need to know whether any provision of
the Open Software License version 2.0 is invalid anywhere in Europe.

The latest version is at www.rosenlaw.com/osl2.0.html.

Will the European attorneys who lurk on this list PLEASE give us some
feedback, either publicly or privately to me.  I can report already that
the feedback I've already received privately on this question is
extremely encouraging.  Thanks!

/Larry Rosen
General counsel, Open Source Initiative