License Approval Committee

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Apr 23 19:26:32 UTC 2003

Rob Lanphier writes:
 > ...and in particular, look at section 3.2.  This group can serve as the
 > working group which then submits things for consideration by the OSI
 > board (in the "Tao" document search for "IESG" and replace with "OSI
 > Board")

That's how it's got to work.  I expect that license-discuss will come
up with a recommendation, BUT I also expect that some decisions will
be more or less controversial than others.  For example, the Zope
Public License contains the name of the Zope Corporation within it.
If you want to use it, you need to create a derivative license, which
in most cases will earn a rubber stamp.  Others, like, well, like the
Real Public License, will be more controversial, and the
recommendation will reflect that.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | If war is the answer, then
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | the question must be truly