Nees help selecting a license

Christophe Dupre duprec at scorec.rpi.edu
Thu Apr 10 03:12:33 UTC 2003

The way I understand it, is what happens if somebody sends in a
one-liner patch that fixes an off-by-one error. It's a trivial patch,
but it might be critical AND very difficult to re-implement in a
different way.

So, let's say we receive the patch, decide to NOT include it but fix the
error ourself anyway. The fix is a one-liner, that waas provided by the
patch. And maybe we wouldn'y have found it with the patch. So, isn't
fair to say that the patch submitter owns the one-line fix in the program ?