a proposed change to the OSD

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Sat Oct 26 17:03:08 UTC 2002

I'm getting tired of repeating myself....

I have proposed a click-wrap notice that would allow ONE single notice
for all the programs in a distribution.  I believe that one notice is
legally sufficient and indeed necessary to obtain affirmative assent to
the licenses for the individual works comprising that distribution.

Other lawyers may disagree, and every lawyer is free to give legal
advice to his/her clients.  And if you don't like click-wrap notices,
don't use them for your software.  Just to be clear, I will ALWAYS
recommend one to my clients -- at least until the law changes.

/Larry