OSI certification mark and BSD licence

Alain Désilets alain.desilets at nrc.ca
Tue Oct 22 18:45:31 UTC 2002

> Licensor under the AFL (and the OSL) has an obligation to make the
> source code available to his licensees, whoever they may be.

I'm not sure that this applies to the original licensor of the S/W. The
way I understand the AFL, it says:

"if you have received this software under the terms of AFL and you
redistribute it, you must do so under the terms of the AFL, and in
particular, you must make the source code available."

But the original licensor of the software did NOT receive the software
under the terms of the AFL. Therefore, he can do what he pleases with
the software, including distribute it under terms other than AFL (even
if he previously distributed it under AFL).

I'm not a lawyer, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Alain Désilets