RPL version 1.1

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Oct 16 18:04:08 UTC 2002

Mahesh T Pai scripsit:

>  > The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for
>  > the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
>
> I am not aware of the US / Colorado law.  But, if the US is a party to
> the convention, my understanding of the law of international
> obligations is that the courts in the US are bound to enforce the
> Convention.

The Convention can be, and generally is in the U.S., expressly excluded
from a given transaction.  It gives the consumer far too many rights to
make people who write contracts of adhesion happy.

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I am surrounded by dwarves."