Why is BSD OSI certified?

Rod Dixon rodd at cyberspaces.org
Wed Oct 16 17:27:28 UTC 2002

John, would you further clarify your point? I am unsure whether I
understand the distinction you are making. An open source software license
governs open source software. How did you splice this to get to Netscape
7.0? I can post part of Netscape's license, if necessary, but paragraph 5
(I think) raises exactly the point Alain raised (but with regard to the
BSD).  At issue is whether a developer can define their way out of open
source by arguing that their product does not meet the definition. This is
not the current purpose of the OSD so I am hopeful that I have
misunderstood your point.

Rod