Procedure for using an approved license

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Oct 7 04:46:38 UTC 2002

James,

I agree with the problems you've noted with MPL 1.1.

For most practical purposes, the Open Software License (OSL)
accomplishes most of what MPL 1.1 does -- without those problems you
mentioned.  The major difference is that MPL 1.1 applies on a
file-by-file basis and the OSL deals consistently with "derivative
works," but I never understood the importance of a file-by-file license
anyway in most typical software.

/Larry Rosen