Moral Rights (was Simplified Artistic License (A Proposed Compromise))

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Oct 7 00:00:14 UTC 2002

> I don't know if this is quite what Larry was saying, but I
> for one consider it an unfair tactic to try to discourage RSW
> from seeking approval.  Russ and other board members may
> think he is misguided in believing that others will want to
> use his license, and might even be right, but that does not
> change your obligation to approve his license if it is OSD compliant.

That certainly wasn't what I was saying, and I don't think it was what
Russ and the other board members were saying.  We've all said many times
that, if RSW's license is OSD-compatible, it will be approved.  I do
recommend, however, that RSW seek an attorney's advice.  I recommend
that to everyone who wants to "roll his own" license.

/Larry