Academic Free License questions

Bruce Dodson bruce_dodson at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 22 03:29:14 UTC 2002

Or, if you don't want to license under GPL, you could dual-license under
another GPL-compatible license.  Dual licensing always confuses me though:
which set of rights am I using?  That determines which set of requirements
will apply.

Question: How does the "Mutual Termination for Patent Action" fuse with a
dual-licensing situation?  I don't know if I'll be able to word by question
very coherently, but here's what I'm driving at:

Suppose I have a piece of software which is licensed under the user's choice
between AFL and a tweaked ZPL 2.  The Zope licese is GPL-compatible, and
obviously if someone sues me with an allegation that the software breaks
your patent, they can keep using my software by virtue of the rights granted
in the Zope license.  But, having made that allegation, are they entitled to
use other software which is published solely under AFL / OSL?

Thanks,
Bruce