discuss: Request for license approval...

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Nov 20 17:36:41 UTC 2002

Ahmed Masud scripsit:

> This is a request for review of the Praetor Kernel Module Open Source
> license for approval.  The license text is accessable from:
>
>     http://www.googgun.com/pkm-license.html

Looks okay to me.  It does indeed compel publication, which I think is
unnecessary (just offer publication, people will be eager to do so;
those with hard-bound brains, who think that publication hurts security,
will avoid the software if you require it).

It doesn't license you to use Googgun's and contributors' patents.

It doesn't warrant that the source code really belongs to Googgun, which it
should do, because Googgun is in a better position to know that than others are.

--
XQuery Blueberry DOM                            John Cowan
Entity parser dot-com                           jcowan at reutershealth.com
    Abstract schemata                           http://www.reutershealth.com
    XPointer errata                             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Infoset Unicode BOM                                 --Richard Tobin