Approval Requested for AFL 1.2 and OSL 1.1

Bruce Dodson bruce_dodson at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 01:03:37 UTC 2002

From: "Mike Nordell" <tamlin at algonet.se>
> Bruce Dodson top-posted:
> > Derivative Works means "derivative works based upon the Original Work",
as
> > upposed to "derivative works based upon Marvel Comics characters", or
> > "derivative works based upon previously-unreleased Elvis tracks".
>
> Since the definition of this isn't yet established in the license text,
how
> would I know?

If you take out the parenthesized "Derivative Works", the license reads
"derivative works based upon the Original Work", just as I said.  Anyway I
was just stating my opinion as a layman who is NOT confused by this license.
(That doesn't mean I would use it.  That will not happen for either of these
licenses until I see some open discussion that makes me comfortable with the
warranty.)