Approval Requested for AFL 1.2 and OSL 1.1

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed Nov 6 21:44:21 UTC 2002

I've been talking to Russ Nelson and Steve Mallett about setting up a
separate threaded list where we can collect good FAQs about these
licenses.  Anyone with ideas for getting such a FAQ together should
speak up.  There's many more people than me who could contribute to such
a FAQ.  I'm reluctant to write a preamble, as such, because it might
sound too much like interpreting my own words.

One other word to the wise: Treat every word in any license as "strange"
until you understand it in the context of that license.  The OSL and AFL
aren't unusual in that respect.

/Larry Rosen