Plan 9 license

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Nov 1 18:55:25 UTC 2002

Ralph Mellor scripsit:

> It turns out that this license is still *NOT* OSD compliant,
> ie. it is not what those running the OSI would label "Open
> Source".

Could you please specify wherein the Plan 9 license fails of Open
Sourceness in its current incarnation?  The complaints of RMS at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/plan-nine.html seem to apply with equal
force to the Perl license (which he calls unFree) and the OSL 1.0,
with the exception of the termination-on-any-IP-lawsuit provision.

I assume that the Lucida fonts could be treated as severable.

--
John Cowan                              <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              http://www.reutershealth.com