Two changes to OSL

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Nov 1 16:28:18 UTC 2002

At the suggestion of readers of license-discuss, I have made two more
changes to draft version of the OSL.

1. In the definition of Source Code, I have clarified that documentation
to modify the Original Work -- but not documentation to "access" it --
is what must be provided.

2. In the definition of External Deployment, I have narrowed the
definition by removing the phrase "or used to provide services or
otherwise deliver content to anyone other than You."  Quite a few people
believed this requirement was too encompassing and that it would inhibit
the acceptance of open source software.

The latest version is at www.rosenlaw.com/osl1.1.html.

/Larry Rosen