GNU GPL and Open Source Definition

Rod Dixon rodd at cyberspaces.org
Wed May 8 19:05:14 UTC 2002

Let's see we have two choices to slect from to indicate whether our
software is being distributed in violation of section 1201 of the
Copyright Act, the "readme.txt" file or the terms  software
license...hmm...which one might provide better legal standing to support
my argument to law enforcement of the United States, in this case, that my
software isn't intended to unlawfully crack access codes? I am not trying
to sound sarcastic, but i am intending to say we might want to think of
this matter in more practical terms until the law we may not like is
changed to be more balanced.

Rod