Something between Public Domain and LGPL?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 25 18:58:59 UTC 2002

on Tue, Mar 19, 2002, Asko Kauppi (Asko.Kauppi at fi.flextronics.com) wrote:

> Hi, license freaks! :)
>
> I'm having some problem finding my way through the Open Source lincense
> jungle. I do understand GPL and LGPL but would need something that also
> allows statical linking to proprietary applications. What would you
> recommend?

A BSD/MIT style license does this, though your interest in the GPL /
LGPL licenses may indicate terms of BSD/MIT aren't acceptable.
Alternatively, there are various dual-licensing schemes you might care
to look at.

Remember that as the author of a work, you don't need to seek
permissions from another party to publish it.  However, if you
incorporate others' works in your own, you're bound by their terms.

IANAL, TINLA, YADA.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>      http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   Keep software free.         Oppose the CBDTPA.         Kill S.2048 dead.