OSD modification regarding what license can require of user

Thorsten Glaser nirwana at ecce.homeip.net
Wed Mar 13 22:24:02 UTC 2002

begin  electrogrammati illius John Cowan

>Suppose A publishes a GPLed book describing some arcane subject, and B obtains a
>copy of it.  C now mails questions to B along with payment, and B answers
>the questions out of the book and mails back the replies.  In principle,
>C could read the book himself, but may not have the time or desire.)  Surely A's
>rights are not impinged on here?
>
>Are things different if B adds his own marginal notes to the book?  Is B really
>required by (the spirit of) the GPL to make those notes available to C?

Or A, to look from a different side on this?

Thorsten

PS: Sometimes mail.ru bounces messages from this list...
    so it may be I am not receiving part of the discussion.

--
Yes, I am root on my box, my friends' boxen and my mailgate.
And yes, I do know how to handle it. Yes, I know about kill-