Discuss: BSD Protection License

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Mar 13 19:05:57 UTC 2002

phil hunt scripsit:

> I also notice your word "taint" used to describe the GPL. Here, you
> seem to be implying that you dislike the most popular open source license,
> and by implication, people who choose to write software under this
> license; thus it seems to me therefore that you dislike a large part of
> the OS/FS community.

Non sequitur.

Colin does not wish to release *his* software under the GPL, as is his
right.  He expresses no view about the use of the GPL by others, still
less about the others in question.

It's one thing to defend the GPL against people who would breach it.
It's another to "defend" it against people who wish to use something
else.

--
John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com