Discuss: BSD Protection License

Colin Percival colin.percival at wadham.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 11 18:38:43 UTC 2002

[ Please discuss this license.  Is he reinventing the LGPL? ]

   I submit for your consideration the "BSD Protection License", as found
at http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/work/colin.percival/source/BSDPL.html
   (A plaintext version can be found by s/html/txt/ on the URL.)

   Feel free to redistribute this as relevant (eg to license-discuss); I
have no desire to remain anonymous (and the URL would identify me anyway).

   The included preamble should clarify the purpose of this license, but to
summarize briefly, this license has a GPL flavour and a BSD spirit, and
exists in order to allow closed source use of licensed code, while
"protecting" the code from having that freedom removed.

Colin Percival