request for approval of APOSSL

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Tue Mar 5 22:36:25 UTC 2002

Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:

> Look, if you have no permission to use the term "pronoic"
> then you may not legally use it.

Not so.  Clause 5 says there is no right to use the term
*in the name of the derivative work* without permission.
Clause 4 encourages its use, with or without permission,
*in promotional material about the work*.  These are
two different uses.

If the pseudocode is correct, my reformulation a few minutes
ago is (close to) correct too.

> I dislike pseudo code analogies when it comes to law and
> licenses.  (You understand Godel's proofs, so I don't have to
> tell you why.)  I don't think you have pseudocoded version
> 1.2 either.

I think he has pseudocoded what he wants, which I have then
put into prose.

> Be careful.  I am beginning to think that your interest is
> playing a game with license discuss, and that you have no
> interest in OSI approval.

I don't believe so.

--
John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com