Academic Free License

Nathan Kelley phyax at runbox.com
Thu Jun 27 12:38:39 UTC 2002

To OSI License Discussion <license-discuss at opensource.org> subscribers,

> From: Lawrence E. Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com>,

> I am submitting the accompanying Academic Free License for your review
> and for OSI approval.  The online copy of the license is at
> http://www.rosenlaw.com/afl.html.

I have read the Academic Free License v1.0 and have concluded that it
meets the requirements for OSI certification.

I also agree with the author's stated reasons regarding why this license
as opposed to other existing all-permissive licenses. At a time when
open source is becoming more common and more academic and commercial
ventures are involving such, having properly structured licenses is
essential to ensuring that open software stays open.

Cheers, Nathan.
Nathan "Phyax" Kelley

    email | phyax at runbox.com, phyax at mac.com
      icq | 4618849