Licence Specified Inclusion Requisites...

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sat Jun 22 19:21:55 UTC 2002

On Saturday 22 June 2002 05:29 am, Adam Moss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > That would be best. From your description it sounds like you want to
>
> require
>
> > the downline developer to inundate their non-technical users with design
> > documents.
>
> As per the request I have uploaded a "work in progress" version.  It is
> available at http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~admoss/nnay.html.

Okay, I begin to see where you're going with this. Some comments:

In condition one you may wish to add "and following disclaimer".

I would merge condition two with a non-endorsement clause (since I assume that
is what you meant). One concern is that all use of logos and such are
restricted. Can I display the "About..." box during the normal usage of the
Software if it includes a logo? Here's how I would word it: "Neither the name
of the <development group> nor any proprietary images, logos, or trademarks
of <development group> may be used to endorse or promote products derived
from this software without specific prior written permission."

I've got concerns about conditions three, four and five. I have to think about
them some for time. I'll attempt to comment on them later after I have
digested them.

--
David Johnson