Approval request for BXAPL

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Jul 4 08:28:56 UTC 2002

Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:
> Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote, in part:
>

>>A Contributor can be (or not) a Distributor.
>>A Distributor can be (or not) a Contributor.
>>That's what the definitions say.
>

> The definition (at General #2) is as follows, and is formatted
> thusly:
>     Contributor:
>           Any Distributor and/or
>           any User supplying any Modifications and/or Derivatives
>           and/or Dependent Software in any form to the Copyright
>           Holder, but not to any User(s).
>
> That makes it clear that every "Distributor" is a "Contributor"

I guess we're not talking the same english ;)
A Distributor becomes a Contributor IF (and only if) it supplies
modifications to the copyright holder (ie maintainer of the code).

That means the a Distributor that doesn't make any changes (or make
changes not submited to the copyright holder) is NOT a Contributor.