Apple's Common Documentation License

Marc Rauw rauw at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 24 01:50:22 UTC 2002

Hello all,

Recently, I have published some documents under the CDL version 1.0, because
it seems to provide a consistent and relatively easy-to-understand
copyleft-model for the distribution and modification of documentation.
However, I wonder whether this license also formally satisfies the OSD. I
believe it does, since the FSF lists it as 'free documentation license', but
I am still interested in your views as well.

(I have searched the archive, but couldn't find any references to this
license. I also know the OSI doesn't certify documentation licenses, but
that doesn't mean the OSD can't be applied, can it?)

Here's the URL: http://www.opensource.apple.com/cdl

Regards,
Marc Rauw