open source licenses and algorithms

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Jan 21 19:05:19 UTC 2002

Rick Moen scripsit:

> Quoting Michael Bauer (bauer at michaelbauer.com):
>
> > On the other hand, I always thought forking code was a bad thing.
>
> Not really.
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/essays/forking.html

	[T]he right to fork is like the right to strike, the
	right to sue, or the right to bear arms -- you don't want
	to have to exercise any of these rights, but it's a signal
	of serious danger when anyone tries to take them away.
		-- my contribution to one of ESR's essays,
		  slightly rewritten by him.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan at ccil.org
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In fact,