All these licenses and business models

DeBug debug at centras.lt
Fri Jan 18 13:25:36 UTC 2002

>> > My issues
>> > 1: I do not want to be a services only company, in fact I want to sub
>> > contract most services (maybe even zope type model).
What is zope type model ?
>> > 2: I do want to be able to sell the system for a profit.
Do you want to sell the system or the solution/service ?
>> > 3: I do want to make source avaliable to let developers and interested
>> > parties get involved in the system.
other conditions equal developers prefer to get involved in the free software projects
instead of open source projects
>> > 4: I would like to employ only developers who actually contribute to the
>> > project and pay them for development.
This condition strips out those developers who fear free competition
Why do you want to employ ? Couldn't you simply split your project into
small parts and present each of it to the world wide community of
developers and pay the first one who implements the one or other part
>> > 5: I would like many to get the system free (education etc.)
But not all ? Why ? Because those who have lots of money should spend
them wisely. But why they should pay for your system and not
somebody's else ?  I think a common software tax would encourage
people to pay for software if this tax being compulsary would be free
to choose whom exactly person wants to pay
>> > 6: I would like to ensure nobody can steal the product or at least delay
>> > thsi until we are a substanical company (if we are not good then
>> > somebody should fork but I would prefer a fighting chance).
Who and how will decide whether your company is substanical enough ?
I think your potential future clients should be encouraged to share
the risks (should pay in advance but should be free to choose whom to
pay to you or to any potential fork)

--
Best regards,
 DeBug                            mailto:debug at centras.lt