NCSA Open Source License

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Thu Jan 17 01:26:56 UTC 2002

> That would be three licenses, I think.

OK - one might consider that it's one license _text_ rather than 4, but yes
it's three licenses. Is it possible to sucessfully lobby Apache to get rid of
the advertising clause? They probably have enough experience now to see it's
had no positive effect. Then we are down to two, with the sole optional portion
being choice-of-venue. Venue is problematical - OSI has accepted a license
specifying California. If an applier of the X.com license changes that to their
own home state other than Calfifornia, it's no longer an OSI-accepted license.
But I don't think OSI really has preferences for one state over another.