OpenE License

David Blevins david.blevins at visi.com
Wed Feb 27 18:37:11 UTC 2002

Thank you for the clarification Matthew.  You're right, I was assuming the
copyright in the license applied to the software under it.

I have no interest in "owning" a license, just the software I write.  I like
the terms of the Apache license, as I understand them they basically say,
"You can use and modify the source, just admit you are doing so and say
thank you."  I may be incorrect in my interpretation.

Is it possible to create a "General Open Source License" that provides
similar terms but the parties involved (Apache, OpenE, John Q. Public) are
not "hard-coded" in the license?

-David