Open Source Click-Wrap Notice

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Aug 7 11:40:16 UTC 2002

Lawrence E. Rosen scripsit:

> If the licensor has a patent, he can prohibit the *use* of the software
> absent a license.  "Whoever without authority makes, uses or sells any
> patented invention during the term of the patent therefor, infringes the
> patent."  35 U.S.C. =A7 271.

I wonder just how many Open Source programs actually require a patent
license *from the author of the program* in order to be used.
I suspect the number is Vanishingly small.

> Remember the old saw, wish into one hand, s**t into the
> other, which one will fill up first?

Hmm.  So if wishes were s**t, beggars would plow fields?

--
John Cowan   jcowan at reutershealth.com   http://www.reutershealth.com
    "Mr. Lane, if you ever wish anything that I can do all you will have to do