Poetic rule in licence (RE: License Submission)

I.R.Maturana irm at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 29 20:40:04 UTC 2002

From: http://www.bentodev.org/poetic-license.html
>      "Contradict the Language Specification" means to modify the
>      Package in such a way that a user wishing to access one or more
>      features of the Package would have no choice but to write code
>      which is illegal according to the Language Specification.
>
>      Failure to comply with the Language Specification is NOT the
>      same as contradicting the Language Specification.  The Language
>      Specification represents a target, and every implementation
>      is a work in progress.  You are not required to ensure that legal
>      code works, only that illegal code fails.
>
>      Failure to keep up with the Language Specification is NOT the
>      same as contradicting the Language Specification.  Code which is
>      legal for any version of the Language Specification, even if it
>      is illegal in a newer version, is not considered illegal.
>
>      Adding requirements is NOT the same as contradicting the Language
>      Specification.  Code that requires a custom
> implementation, or the
>      presence of specific libraries, files, devices or other resources
>      to work properly is not considered illegal.

I find this is a very good rule. This is a useful formulation of the "unity"
rule and it applies on any work, not only software. It also sounds very
close with the non-contradiction rule in philosophy.
I was searching some phrasing like this "Poetic rule" for describing the
translation "unity" rule, but my approach was tangent. Good.
I will integrate this kind of phrasing to PLT. The title very appropiate:
it is really a Poetic rule.

Greetings, and I hope your license will be approved quickly.
(more than others, in fact... :-D)))

[I.R.Maturana -- Trad En>[ES<>FR] - http://www.in3activa.net ]
PLT/LPT License: http://www.in3activa.org/doc/en/LPT-EN.html