Discuss: Request for OSI approval

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Apr 26 16:09:11 UTC 2002

Quoting Chris Knight (cknight at ghostwheel.com):

> Your first response to my submission was not a 'suggestion made to the
> OSI Web maintainers'.

Ah!  I see:  You're referring to where I attempted to assist by manually
correcting all your non-standard high-bit characters and reposting the
repaired text in plain ASCII.  Well, you're welcome.  The gratitude
makes it all worthwhile.

> Also, "I might consider analysing[sic] your seemingly pointless licence in
> some entirely separate discussion" is a personal comment, though you may
> _think_ your are being objective.

Ther term "personalising" in this context means choosing to interpret a
comment on a thing or idea being discussed as a comment on one's self
personally, where such was not the case.

For example, when I express a view that a _licence_ is pointless, I am not
making any assertion whatsoever about its author or those discussing it.

And I'm sorry to hear that you are unfamiliar with Commonwealth
English's spelling standards, but that topic (not to mention spelling
flames) seems best discussed elsewhere.

--
Cheers,              "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us
Rick Moen            in trouble.  It's the things we know that ain't so."