Discuss: Request for OSI approval

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Apr 26 04:36:38 UTC 2002

Quoting Russell Nelson (nelson at crynwr.com):

> We specifically ask them for HTML, because it's easier to remove
> markup than create it from scratch.

Personal opinion, but very widely held:  HTML in e-mail is obnoxious.
It should be confined to the Web.

Observation:  The OSL submissions guidelines, item #1, ask submitters to
put the licence on the _Web_ in HTML format.  The separate item about
posting to this mailing list does _not_ say post in HTML format.

I would suggest the latter directive be clarified to say "ASCII, please".

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      "vi is my shepherd; I shall not font."