OSI Forums test-site - Please review & comment

Steve Mallett steve at opensourcedirectory.com
Tue Sep 25 07:51:47 UTC 2001

Hello y'all.

I have some time on my hands today so I thought I'd solicit some feedback for
the *beta* forums site I've setup for OSI that Russell had mentioned to the
list this past weekend.

*Its only BETA to test if we all like the mechanism.

The idea is to see if:
1) It keeps comments focused on the topic at hand; discussion of the proposed
license being reviewed,
2) it provides a nice separate space specifically for discussion of licenses.
The 'stories' will be moderated so the only things posted will be licenses up
for review.
3) blah blah blah

DO NOT USE YOUR NORMAL EVERYDAY PASSWORDS!  I do not want them on this beta
site!!!!  MAKE UP SOMETHING NEW & DISPOSABLE.  Thanks.

Here it is http://142.166.33.110  Please kick the tires a bit, but focus on
the forums mechanism since most else there has been ignored awaiting approval
or disapproval of the concept use.  There are some options available to be
changed:  moderation of comments (currently 'no moderation'), allow anonymous
posting (currently 'no').

*This is not the permanent home for it.
*It's made with PHP-Nuke.

Please post your comments/feedback there.  After all, that's what we're
testing.

Cheers,
--
Steve Mallett | Just Stable, Open-Source Apps
http://OpenSourceDirectory.org | steve at opensourcedirectory.com

Project-Listing Maintenance In A Can: http://trovesendtwo.sf.net

webmaster at opensource.org  (Aug 15th/01,
I have nothing to do with license approval.)

"Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good."
        -- Mohandas Gandhi