click, click, boom

M. Drew Streib dtype at dtype.org
Wed Sep 26 01:14:29 UTC 2001

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:03:18PM -0400, Greg London wrote:
> 6) You can use an OSI approved license and
> not be OSI certified.
>
> See, this clears up a -whole- lot of confusion.
> I thought the OSD was somehow related to
> the approved OSI licenses.
>
> Instead, OSI approved its first four licenses
> simply because they were the most common.
> The OSD is independent of the licenses.

There are so many things wrong with these statements that I'm wary to
even post here, for fear of being hit by the bullets.

Were you being facetious, or was this a serious post?

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/
FSG <dtype at freestandards.org>    | Linux International <dtype at li.org>